Frequently Asked Questions
- Why need to receive baptism? What is baptism for
- Why Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) don't baptize infants or babies?
- Where did the word "Bible" came from?
- How the Holy Scriptures came to be called "the Bible"?
- What is the origin of the chapter and verse divisions of the Bible?
- Why giving monetary contributions during worship services?
- Are there specific amount or particular percentage of the earnings to give?
- Do you practice tithing or forced to give ten percent of your income?
- What happen to a person when he dies? What is the truth about death?
- Does a person go to heaven or hell right after he dies?
- What would be our conditions when we died"
- No one can tell what will happen to a person when he dies until he himself experience death. So, who can tell us the truth about death?
- Can we communicate with the dead and can the dead still communicate with the living?
- Why members of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) do not eat blood ("dinuguan") or food mixed with blood? The biblical basis of the prohibition of the eating of blood
- Does Acts 10:14-16 abolish the prohibition regrading the eating of blood?
- Does I Timothy 4:4-5 say that eating of blood is already allowed?
- Did Apostle Paul abolish the prohibition on eating blood in Colossians 2:14-16?
- Why did God prohibits the eating of blood or any food mixed with blood?
- Are the soul and spirit one and the same?
- Are the souls immortal?
- What does the Bible say about the trasmigration of the soul?
- Does Trinity make sense? Why INC rejects the Trinity doctrine?
- Try multiplication in the Trinity?
- Who are the false preachers? Those teach that the Father alone is the true God or those who preach that God is a Trinity?
You can post your questions here.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
IGLESIA NI CRISTO OFFICIAL LOGO (SEAL)
HISTORY: The Iglesia ni Cristo Seal was made by an artist brethren that was commisioned by Brother Erano G. Manalo during the middle of 1960's. Since then (only in 1960's) the "seal" was used as the official logo of the Iglesia ni Cristo. The seal was made and used as an "identification" for the Iglesia ni Cristo.
EXPLANATION: There are no mystery in the Iglesia ni Cristo seal (official logo). The following are the explanation of each of the onjects in the seal:
Dove (Kalapati) - the Holy Spit that guides the Church (ang Espiritu na pumapatnubay sa Iglesia)
Torch (sulo) - light of salvation (ang ilaw ng kaligtasan)
Crown (Korona) - God that must reign in all (ang Diyos na dapat makapaghari sa lahat)
Scales (Timbangan) - God's righteousness in salvation (ang katuwiran ng Diyos sa pagliligtas)
Note: This is not a compass, take note of the two weights on each side.
Lamb (Kordero) - The Lord Jesus Christ, the owner of the Church (Ang Panginoong Jesucristo na Siyang may ari ng Iglesia)
Book and Scrolls (Aklat at mga balumbon) - the Bible or the Holy Scriptures (ang Biblia o ang Banal na Kasulatan)
The Triangle (tatsulok) - the three corners (ang tatlong sulok ng lupa): the Far East; the North (that Protestantism was the fulfillment); and the South (that Catholicism was the fulfillment)
Rays at Clouds - glory (kaluwalhatian)
The Colors: Green (faith), White (hope) and Red (love), the three great things written in I Cor. 13:13.
NOTE: (1) Not because there are similarities with the others, it follows that we copied from them. Just like the Temple of Solomon. Before the building of this temple, the neighboring pagan countries of Israel already have their temple for their gods, but it doesn't follows that Solomon copied from them. (2) a certain symbol have different meaning, depending on the interpretation of those who use it. For example, both the American flag and the Philippine flag used the stars, however, it has different meaning: for the American flag, the stars symbolized the 50 states of the United States. However, the Philippine flag used the stars to symbolized the three major islands of the country - Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Thus, the real meaning of the Iglesia ni Cristo logo (seal) is what the Iglesia ni Cristo interpret it.
Posted by Vanguard Oftruth